2020 Presidential contender Cory Booker plans Texas visit
One of the Democratic Party’s top potential contenders for the White House in 2020 is adding Texas to his itinerary.
Cory Booker, the New Jersey U.S. Senator who has acknowledged he will give a White House run a “look” next year, is set to speak to the annual Johnson-Jordan Democratic fundraising dinner in Austin later this summer. Booker will speak that the event on Sept. 8, according to the Texas Democratic Party. The Johnson Jordan Dinner is named for former U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson and former Congresswoman Barbara Jordan.
“Senator Booker’s ability to captivate others and inspire... read more
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...
- 12:41 Body of Secret Service agent returning to US from Europe
- 11:42 Trump: New Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'