3.14: Celebrate Pi Day today
On Friday, millions of people worldwide will celebrate both a mathematical constant and a sweet filling in a wheaten crust. In other wordsPi Day.
Pi is the ratio used to compute the circumference, area, and volume of circles.
For those who didn't memorize it in middle school, that works out to 3.141592653 for the first ten digits.
It's written using the Greek letter p, pronounced pie.
Schools often mark it by taking part in the math equivalent of the spelling beePi recitation contests.
The winners, naturally, get pie.
Tech and science companies love Pi Day. In Massachusetts, Raytheon... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft