3 artists who quit LA museum's board are returning
LOS ANGELES -- The Museum of Contemporary Art says three of the four prominent artists who resigned from its board after a popular curator was fired two years have returned to help direct a new management team at the LA museum.
MOCA was embarrassed in 2012 when John Baldessari, Barbara Kruger, Catherine Opie and Ed Ruscha (roo-SHAY') quit in protest of the dismissal of longtime curator Paul Schimmel. The four were the only artists on MOCA's board at the time.
The museum announced Monday that all but Ruscha are returning. They'll be joined by fellow artist Mark Grotjahn.
Since their... read more
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend
- 10:28 VIDEO: Willie Nelson on Beto backlash: 'I don't care'
- 07:16 In push to buy flooded homes, Harris County sometimes bested by...