3 Pakistani women confess to killing man over blasphemy
ISLAMABAD – Police say three female friends in a rare incident have confessed to killing a man for insulting Islam's Prophet Muhammad days after he returned from living in hiding abroad for 13 years.
Police Inspector Nadeem Ashraf, who is investigating the case, told The Associated Press Friday that the women were arrested this week for killing Fazal Abbas, who fled Pakistan in 2004 following accusations of blasphemy.
The incident came days after a mob in the city of Mardan lynched a university student over alleged blasphemy, drawing nationwide condemnation.
Ashraf said the women went to... read more
- 21:05 DPS: Serial speeder falls into trap set by Arizona troopers
- 21:01 Trades, not picks, could headline Arizona Coyotes' draft
- 20:47 Hosting congressional picnic, Trump calls for unity
- 20:22 Heat wave boosts burns in Phoenix as pavement, cars scald
- 19:42 SBOE members take issue with charter school proposal
- 18:22 FDA approves quicker-to-administer drug for blood cancers
- 17:42 Phoenix boutique offers wedding dresses at fraction of cost
- 17:31 Fascinations tones down sexy products, hopes to lure more customers
- 17:03 Trump's putdown of wind energy whips up a backlash in Iowa
- 16:32 Trump's bright idea: a solar wall at the US-Mexico border