3 Pakistani women confess to killing man over blasphemy
ISLAMABAD – Police say three female friends in a rare incident have confessed to killing a man for insulting Islam's Prophet Muhammad days after he returned from living in hiding abroad for 13 years.
Police Inspector Nadeem Ashraf, who is investigating the case, told The Associated Press Friday that the women were arrested this week for killing Fazal Abbas, who fled Pakistan in 2004 following accusations of blasphemy.
The incident came days after a mob in the city of Mardan lynched a university student over alleged blasphemy, drawing nationwide condemnation.
Ashraf said the women went to... read more
- 11:10 Should Arizona schools let kids watch solar eclipse outside? Some...
- 11:10 'Young Southwest modern' house built by owner in 1950s is for sale
- 10:18 Saving and budgeting: How to be smart with your money
- 08:47 Trump's first campaign manager joins super PAC backing him
- 08:00 The Latest: Dunford endorses military leaders' tweets
- 07:20 Texas lawmaker says his bill would not protect Charlottesville...
- 06:45 Bay Area averages a car-to-car shooting on its freeways every week,...
- 06:32 McCaul calls congressional hearing after Charlottesville violence
- 04:12 President Trump's ardent backers support him more than ever
- 03:59 Trump aide: No military solution in North Korea