3 Pakistani women confess to killing man over blasphemy
ISLAMABAD – Police say three female friends in a rare incident have confessed to killing a man for insulting Islam's Prophet Muhammad days after he returned from living in hiding abroad for 13 years.
Police Inspector Nadeem Ashraf, who is investigating the case, told The Associated Press Friday that the women were arrested this week for killing Fazal Abbas, who fled Pakistan in 2004 following accusations of blasphemy.
The incident came days after a mob in the city of Mardan lynched a university student over alleged blasphemy, drawing nationwide condemnation.
Ashraf said the women went to... read more
- 08:39 Last Minute Gift Ideas for the Jetsetter
- 08:12 Luxury homes: $1.5M Phoenix mansion has hand-scraped hardwood floors
- 08:09 South Carolina serial killer did time for Arizona rape
- 08:09 Advocates use petitions to force Phoenix council votes on passion...
- 08:09 Lead not common in Arizona schools' drinking water, report finds
- 08:09 Arizona law and surrogacy: What you need to know
- 06:45 Baby milk maker orders global recall over salmonella fears
- 06:43 Residents return to rubble as fire crews make progress on San Diego...
- 05:33 Diphtheria deaths in Indonesia spark immunization campaign
- 04:04 Start the clock for Trump, GOP in last push on taxes, budget