470,000 Michiganders will be eligible for expanded Medicaid; here's what to know
An estimated 470,000 Michiganders will be eligible for Michigan's expanded Medicaid program when it opens this spring, an option for states under the 2010 Affordable Care Act.
The state isn't taking applications just yet for the program, called Healthy Michigan, and that's leaving thousands wondering when coverage will kick in. Here's what is known already:
■ Current Medicaid traditionally has covered about 1.9 million disabled people, elderly people and children in Michigan. Left out of the mix were thousands of childless adults between 19 and 64 years old.
■ Those... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold