48 bodies recovered after ferry capsizing on Myanmar river
YANGON – Authorities say 48 bodies have been found from a ferry boat that capsized last Saturday in central Myanmar, while dozens of people are still missing.
The ferry was carrying more than 250 passengers when it capsized on the Chindwin river between Monywa and Homalin townships in the Sagaing region. Authorities say 158 people were rescued and 48 bodies have been found through Wednesday. Rescuers are continuing to search for the missing.
The cause of the capsizing was unclear but local police says the boat may have been overcrowded. A regional member of parliament said police have... read more
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 19:57 Hospital cited over woman left in cold in hospital gown
- 19:50 Diamondbacks catcher Alex Avila not sweating spring results