5 arrested, 400 pounds of marijuana seized in suspected smuggling operation
CLOSE Customs and Border Protection works to stop drugs coming from Mexico by land, sea and even tunnel. A USA TODAY NETWORK video production.
More than 400 pounds of marijuana were seized in Pinal County on Wednesday as a part of a long-term investigation, officials said.
Five people were arrested as part of the investigation, which was conducted by the Pinal County Sheriff's Office Anti-Smuggling Unit and U.S. Border Patrol as part of a project called Operation Stone Garden.
The 14-month of investigation has been looking into drug trafficking organizations that smuggle marijuana from... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...