5 arrested, 400 pounds of marijuana seized in suspected smuggling operation
CLOSE Customs and Border Protection works to stop drugs coming from Mexico by land, sea and even tunnel. A USA TODAY NETWORK video production.
More than 400 pounds of marijuana were seized in Pinal County on Wednesday as a part of a long-term investigation, officials said.
Five people were arrested as part of the investigation, which was conducted by the Pinal County Sheriff's Office Anti-Smuggling Unit and U.S. Border Patrol as part of a project called Operation Stone Garden.
The 14-month of investigation has been looking into drug trafficking organizations that smuggle marijuana from... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...