5 takeaways from the 8th District congressional primaries
Voters in Arizona's 8th Congressional District on Tuesday advanced Republican state Sen. Debbie Lesko of Peoria and Democratic physician Hiral Tipirneni of Glendale to the April 24 special election to replace disgraced former Rep. Trent Franks, R-Arizona.
Here are five big takeaways from the ballot-box results in the West Valley district.
Lesko was the #AZ08 front-runner all alongAlthough much of the attention was focused on former Republican state Sen. Steve Montenegro of Goodyear and his texting scandal involving a state Senate staffer, early voting results suggest Lesko was the... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House