5 things to know about Arizona's drought this winter
CLOSE Arizona has seen it all: record snow and rain, floods and drought, and the searing heat of summer.
In case 80-degree temperatures in February hadn't already made it obvious, this winter could go down as one of Arizona's driest on record. It could also be the precursor to an especially costly fire season, but it likely won't pose a threat to the state's water supply.
Arizona is in its 21st year of long-term drought, according to the Arizona State Climate Office, and experts aren't holding their breath that the winter will suddenly turn around.
"The only really good news here is... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...