5 things to know in Florida for April 4
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
FLORIDA HOUSE READY TO TAKE UP "PARENT TRIGGER" LAW
The Florida House is poised for debate and a last vote on a bill that gives parents a vote in turnaround options for failing public schools. The "parent trigger" bill (HB 867) is set for final passage on Thursday. It would give parents a say on how to deal with a failing school. The voting would be done through a signature drive.
NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION TO ADD 1,500 JOBS
Gov. Rick Scott says that Navy Federal Credit Union will... read more
- 12:24 Melania Trump to discuss Africa trip Wednesday in New York
- 11:47 US warns Russia over missile defense for Syria
- 11:34 VIDEO: What you need to know from the first Beto-Cruz debate, in 13...
- 11:02 The Latest: AP source says Rosenstein expecting to be fired
- 11:02 Trump no statehood for Puerto Rico with critics in office
- 11:02 Trump says he hasn't decided whether to fire Rosenstein
- 06:46 Eyeing White House, Cory Booker introduces himself to Iowa
- 01:52 Weighing whether to can Rosenstein, Trump tuned in TV hosts
- 01:52 Some farmers worry Trump's bailout checks won't be enough
- 00:54 Trump, at UN, to again confront North Korea's nuclear threat