6 Detroit cops suspended over towing practices in FBI investigation
DETROIT — Six Detroit police officers have been suspended amid a federal investigation of towing practices involving stolen cars, with a handful of the officers scrambling to find lawyers Tuesday for help in the city’s latest public corruption case, according to sources familiar with the investigation.
The FBI probe, sources said, involves allegations that police officers took bribes from collision shops and towing companies who paid the officers money in exchange for giving them work when they found stolen vehicles. One source said the going bribe rate in such deals is $500 — that’s how... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...