6 Detroit cops suspended over towing practices in FBI investigation
DETROIT — Six Detroit police officers have been suspended amid a federal investigation of towing practices involving stolen cars, with a handful of the officers scrambling to find lawyers Tuesday for help in the city’s latest public corruption case, according to sources familiar with the investigation.
The FBI probe, sources said, involves allegations that police officers took bribes from collision shops and towing companies who paid the officers money in exchange for giving them work when they found stolen vehicles. One source said the going bribe rate in such deals is $500 — that’s how... read more
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law
- 16:06 Something to brag about? ASU beat five teams contending for a...
- 15:52 Jets emerging as 'serious' contender to sign Ndamukong Suh, per report
- 15:41 Rochester Amerks 'humble' legend Dick Gamble dies
- 15:21 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the defensive backs
- 14:55 NFL players: Study to detect CTE markers in the living needs you
- 14:52 First lady recognizes 10 women with global courage awards