6 times De Niro was the gentlest guy ever in 'The Intern'
Robert De Niro might be best known for playing gangsters, threatening fathers, boxers and a taxi driver, but the Oscar winner portrays perhaps the kindest, most earnest, gentlest movie character we've ever seen in The Intern, in theaters now.
De Niro is Ben, a retired 70-year-old widower who lands a "senior internship" with a startup fashion site run by Anne Hathaway's Jules. Writer/director Nancy Meyers told The Hollywood Reporter she knew she wanted to cast De Niro in the part after seeing him have such a "warmer, quieter presence" in Silver Linings Playbook.
A retired... read more
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia