6 times De Niro was the gentlest guy ever in 'The Intern'
Robert De Niro might be best known for playing gangsters, threatening fathers, boxers and a taxi driver, but the Oscar winner portrays perhaps the kindest, most earnest, gentlest movie character we've ever seen in The Intern, in theaters now.
De Niro is Ben, a retired 70-year-old widower who lands a "senior internship" with a startup fashion site run by Anne Hathaway's Jules. Writer/director Nancy Meyers told The Hollywood Reporter she knew she wanted to cast De Niro in the part after seeing him have such a "warmer, quieter presence" in Silver Linings Playbook.
A retired... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike