6-year-old seriously injured in collision with Valley Metro bus, police say
A 6-year-old child was seriously injured after a car rear-ended a Valley Metro bus in Phoenix on Tuesday morning, according to Phoenix police.
Police said the crash occurred at approximately 4 a.m. near 31st Avenue and Thunderbird Road.
The child, who seemed to be properly restrained in the car prior to the crash, was taken to a hospital for medical treatment.
No other injuries were reported.
Police asked motorists to avoid the area, as traffic restrictions were expected to be in place through the morning rush.
CLOSE Do you know what to do if you're in an accident?
Apache... read more
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 19:57 Hospital cited over woman left in cold in hospital gown
- 19:56 Chandler Rotary track meet to showcase record 3,800 athletes