911 calls: Aubrey McClendon 'swerved and hit the wall'
Ex-Chesapeake Energy Corp. CEO Aubrey McClendon died in a car crash less than 24 hours after he was indicted on conspiracy charges. Video provided by Newsy
Stunned motorists who came upon the scene of energy executive Aubrey McClendon's fatal car crash Wednesday in Oklahoma City described a horrifying scene marked by the explosion of his vehicle.
Several witnesses placed emergency calls after the Chesapeake Energy co-founder and ex-CEO drove his 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe directly into an overpass, according to tapes released Thursday by the Oklahoma City Police Department.
McClendon was killed... read more
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'