911 lines down across parts of northern Arizona after fiber-optic line is cut
Police and fire 911 emergency lines were down in northern areas of the state after a fiber-optic line was cut, the Flagstaff Police Department said.
The cut impacts callers, who won't be able to connect to 911 in certain parts of the state, police said.
Flagstaff police said they were made aware of the situation just after 7 p.m., when CenturyLink told them the fiber-optic line was cut but that they were working to restore the lines.
People can still connect to 911 by using the direct lines for emergency services.
The local numbers are:
Flagstaff police and fire: 928-774-1414.
Coconino... read more
- 18:51 Glendale police: Man in 2 sexual assaults posed as police officer
- 18:40 Young Republicans: Moore victory 'will not be a win for our party'
- 18:33 Gila County official charged in Minnesota with child abuse shortly...
- 18:12 Scooter Molander steps down as Brophy Prep football coach
- 18:09 Arizona Cardinals release running back Andre Ellington
- 18:03 Republic of Texas map back in official hands, after 173 years
- 17:19 So close: St. Mary's Food Bank just 1,500 turkeys away from...
- 17:18 Arizona high school boys basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 17:04 Arizona high school girls basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 16:54 Melania Trump takes custody of White House Christmas tree