A look at economic developments around the globe
A look at economic developments and activity in major stock markets around the world Monday:
MADRID -- Euphoria over a lifeline of up to (EURO)100 billion ($125 billion) to rescue Spain's troubled banks morphed into a financial markets rout in a matter of hours, as investors digested the still-undefined plan and became concerned the country may be unable to repay the new loans.
MILAN -- Official statistics confirm that Italy's economy contracted by a quarterly rate of 0.8 percent in the first three months of the year, the worst contraction in three years.
LONDON -- A... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world