A tougher tack on parents with drug issues cuts against Arizona's family-first focus
CLOSE Reporter Bob Ortega outlines The Republic's series examining the Arizona Department of Child Safety, the issues with the state's child-welfare system and how to improve it. David Wallace/azcentral.com
The state could be at a crossroads, or cross purposes, when it comes to dealing with children in families dealing with drug addiction.
Over the last six months, state policies have pivoted to a more-compassionate approach toward people with addiction issues.
But a proposal at the state Legislature would put strict timeframes on that compassion when it comes to children who have been... read more
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...