A tougher tack on parents with drug issues cuts against Arizona's family-first focus
CLOSE Reporter Bob Ortega outlines The Republic's series examining the Arizona Department of Child Safety, the issues with the state's child-welfare system and how to improve it. David Wallace/azcentral.com
The state could be at a crossroads, or cross purposes, when it comes to dealing with children in families dealing with drug addiction.
Over the last six months, state policies have pivoted to a more-compassionate approach toward people with addiction issues.
But a proposal at the state Legislature would put strict timeframes on that compassion when it comes to children who have been... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border