'A way of making your heart soar': Family, friends remember slain Tempe fire captain
Tempe fire Capt. Kyle Brayer was remembered as a friend, a son and a selfless colleague Friday, during a funeral that was accompanied by a multitude of U.S and Arizona flags and fire vehicles at Scottsdale Bible Church.
A Tempe fire truck, Ladder 276, was adorned with an American flag, signaling a goodbye to Brayer, 34, who was shot to death while off-duty in the early-morning hours of Feb. 4 in downtown Scottsdale.
About 1,000 mourners were gathered at the church, where Brayer was not only remembered for his work as a firefighter but also as a U.S. Marine veteran and teacher.
The sounds of... read more
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...