'A way of making your heart soar': Family, friends remember slain Tempe fire captain
Tempe fire Capt. Kyle Brayer was remembered as a friend, a son and a selfless colleague Friday, during a funeral that was accompanied by a multitude of U.S and Arizona flags and fire vehicles at Scottsdale Bible Church.
A Tempe fire truck, Ladder 276, was adorned with an American flag, signaling a goodbye to Brayer, 34, who was shot to death while off-duty in the early-morning hours of Feb. 4 in downtown Scottsdale.
About 1,000 mourners were gathered at the church, where Brayer was not only remembered for his work as a firefighter but also as a U.S. Marine veteran and teacher.
The sounds of... read more
- 00:45 Trump embraces longtime US foe Putin, doubting own intel
- 00:45 Republicans join Democrats in condemning Trump's remarks
- 00:32 Summit takeaways: Trump doubts intel, plays trusted friend
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case