A woman MLB umpire? Yes, and she's a former North Jersey softball standout
CLOSE New faces add to a powerful line up for the 2018 Yankees as they prepare for the season at Spring Training in Tampa.
LAKELAND, Fla. – A former North Jersey high school softball standout is working to become the first female umpire assigned to a regular-season Major League Baseball game.
Jen Pawol, a West Milford High School graduate, took another step toward her goal as she officiated the Detroit Tigers’ 6-1 scrimmage win over Division II college team Florida Southern last week. The game was the first involving a Major League Baseball team for Pawol, one of just two women currently... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes