Abbott endorses another GOP challenger: Chris Fails
AUSTIN -- Gov. Greg Abbott for the third time on Monday endorsed a primary challenger to a sitting Republican member of the Texas House, in the latest move that appears to be deepening divisions in the state's Republican Party.
This time, Abbott's target is San Antonio state Rep. Lyle Larson, one of Abbott's most outspoken Republican critics in the Texas House who last summer blasted Abbott for engaging in "play to play" by appointing Texans to state commissions and board who had given his campaign contributions.
Abbott office has denied Larson's assertions.
Abbott on Monday... read more
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...