Abbott endorses another GOP challenger: Chris Fails
AUSTIN -- Gov. Greg Abbott for the third time on Monday endorsed a primary challenger to a sitting Republican member of the Texas House, in the latest move that appears to be deepening divisions in the state's Republican Party.
This time, Abbott's target is San Antonio state Rep. Lyle Larson, one of Abbott's most outspoken Republican critics in the Texas House who last summer blasted Abbott for engaging in "play to play" by appointing Texans to state commissions and board who had given his campaign contributions.
Abbott office has denied Larson's assertions.
Abbott on Monday... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez