Abbott hammers anew at Valdez's 'dangerous' sanctuary city stance
AUSTIN -- Incumbent Republican Gov. Greg Abbott is launching a new attack on potential Democratic opponent Lupe Valdez, deriding her opposition to a state law banning so-called sanctuary cities as a "dangerous position."
Even though Valdez has to win a May 22 runoff with Houston entrepreneur Andrew White to cinch the Democratic nomination, Abbott has acted for weeks as if she already is his Democratic opponent.
In a new online ad and video posted late Tuesday on LupeValdez.org -- an attack website that Abbott's campaign went live with last week to highlight Valdez's record -- the... read more
- 11:57 Sutherland Springs survivor urges gun owners to push back against NRA
- 11:18 The Latest: US team heading to Singapore to work on summit
- 10:19 Family grateful for Utah man's 'miracle' Venezuela release
- 09:36 Resistance makes subtle impact even where Trump is popular
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care