Abbott hammers anew at Valdez's 'dangerous' sanctuary city stance
AUSTIN -- Incumbent Republican Gov. Greg Abbott is launching a new attack on potential Democratic opponent Lupe Valdez, deriding her opposition to a state law banning so-called sanctuary cities as a "dangerous position."
Even though Valdez has to win a May 22 runoff with Houston entrepreneur Andrew White to cinch the Democratic nomination, Abbott has acted for weeks as if she already is his Democratic opponent.
In a new online ad and video posted late Tuesday on LupeValdez.org -- an attack website that Abbott's campaign went live with last week to highlight Valdez's record -- the... read more
- 01:02 Congressional leaders get briefings on Russia probe
- 17:04 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson
- 16:13 Ted Cruz says injured Santa Fe students told him 'donât take our...
- 16:01 Democrat gubernatorial candidate Valdez owes $12K in overdue...
- 15:27 Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault
- 14:45 Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks permission to depose Trump
- 12:50 Trump signs bill easing post-2008 crisis restraints on banks
- 12:39 N Korea reaction ranges from 'right call' to 'embarrassment'