Abbott hammers anew at Valdez's 'dangerous' sanctuary city stance
AUSTIN -- Incumbent Republican Gov. Greg Abbott is launching a new attack on potential Democratic opponent Lupe Valdez, deriding her opposition to a state law banning so-called sanctuary cities as a "dangerous position."
Even though Valdez has to win a May 22 runoff with Houston entrepreneur Andrew White to cinch the Democratic nomination, Abbott has acted for weeks as if she already is his Democratic opponent.
In a new online ad and video posted late Tuesday on LupeValdez.org -- an attack website that Abbott's campaign went live with last week to highlight Valdez's record -- the... read more
- 19:02 Houston native released after jailing in Vietnam pledges to help...
- 14:52 Listen: WhataMistake in the Senate race, Abbott's staff rolls in...
- 14:40 âShe canât even keep track of her gun.â Gov. Abbott attacks...
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics