Abbott in new report: Despite Harvey, Texas growth continued
AUSTIN -- In a year when Hurricane Harvey hammered Houston the Texas coast, and its economy, more than 306,000 new jobs were created and the Lone Star State set a new state record for the lowest unemployment rate.
Those are among the details of a new report made public Monday, "Report to the People of Texas," that highlights what he considers to be the state's major accomplishments during 2017 -- a year that drew state attention repeatedly to Houston -- from the tragic hurricane devastation to a Super Bowl and the Houston Astros winning the World Series.
Bottom line: Abbott... read more
- 00:45 Trump embraces longtime US foe Putin, doubting own intel
- 00:45 Republicans join Democrats in condemning Trump's remarks
- 00:32 Summit takeaways: Trump doubts intel, plays trusted friend
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case