Abbott in new report: Despite Harvey, Texas growth continued
AUSTIN -- In a year when Hurricane Harvey hammered Houston the Texas coast, and its economy, more than 306,000 new jobs were created and the Lone Star State set a new state record for the lowest unemployment rate.
Those are among the details of a new report made public Monday, "Report to the People of Texas," that highlights what he considers to be the state's major accomplishments during 2017 -- a year that drew state attention repeatedly to Houston -- from the tragic hurricane devastation to a Super Bowl and the Houston Astros winning the World Series.
Bottom line: Abbott... read more
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals