Abbott signs law to enlist truck drivers in fight against human trafficking
AUSTIN -- A Houston state senator Friday hailed the new state law mandating training for truckers to help combat human trafficking and said she will urge other states to follow Texas' lead.
"We will be putting thousands of sets of eyes and ears out there to help in our efforts against this this horrible epidemic," said Sen. Sylvia Garcia, D-Houston, who authored the legislation.
Abbott signed the measure on Thursday that requires training for truck drivers and other commercial vehicle operators on recognizing signs of human trafficking, which currently impacts more than 300,000... read more
- 01:33 Democrats release memo rebutting GOP on Russia probe
- 01:11 Westbound Loop 202 re-opens at Cooper Road after Chandler crash
- 23:51 Crash closes westbound Loop 202 in Mesa, no estimated time of...
- 23:38 2 people critically injured after horse-drawn stagecoach hits...
- 23:30 St. Michael girls basketball repeats as 1A state champions
- 23:30 Tucson Gregory School boys basketball team wins 1A title
- 23:17 Union members, supporters rally in Phoenix for Working People's Day...
- 22:54 White House shelves tentative plan for Mexican leader visit
- 22:26 Trump says he's eyeing Veterans' Day for military parade
- 22:05 Rachel DeLago making history as an NHRA general manager