Abbott signs law to enlist truck drivers in fight against human trafficking
AUSTIN -- A Houston state senator Friday hailed the new state law mandating training for truckers to help combat human trafficking and said she will urge other states to follow Texas' lead.
"We will be putting thousands of sets of eyes and ears out there to help in our efforts against this this horrible epidemic," said Sen. Sylvia Garcia, D-Houston, who authored the legislation.
Abbott signed the measure on Thursday that requires training for truck drivers and other commercial vehicle operators on recognizing signs of human trafficking, which currently impacts more than 300,000... read more
- 01:43 Trump tries to change focus of border debate
- 01:05 Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration.
- 20:58 OâRourke to Democrats: Go to Trump country
- 20:15 Julian Castro says family separation issue far from over
- 18:24 Sylvester Turner fires up Texas Democrats at party convention
- 18:24 Does the Democratic Party have the talent, money to carry the day?
- 17:01 Immigration turmoil widens political divide, turns into political...
- 16:46 First lady's 'don't care' jacket is a gift to memers online
- 16:27 Texas budget board asks state agencies to slash 10 percent from...
- 15:43 Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston