Abbott signs law to enlist truck drivers in fight against human trafficking
AUSTIN -- A Houston state senator Friday hailed the new state law mandating training for truckers to help combat human trafficking and said she will urge other states to follow Texas' lead.
"We will be putting thousands of sets of eyes and ears out there to help in our efforts against this this horrible epidemic," said Sen. Sylvia Garcia, D-Houston, who authored the legislation.
Abbott signed the measure on Thursday that requires training for truck drivers and other commercial vehicle operators on recognizing signs of human trafficking, which currently impacts more than 300,000... read more
- 10:28 The Latest: Parents concede baby Charlie dying in hospice
- 10:28 Judge set to decide on where Charlie Gard's spends last days
- 10:25 AMBER Alert issued for 1-month-old Yuma boy
- 10:18 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces
- 10:04 50 students start down grueling path in Mayo Med School's inaugural...
- 09:45 Arizona Supreme Court lets ruling stand that protects Republic...
- 09:41 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces.
- 08:34 The Latest: Trump blasts Murkowski on health care vote
- 08:23 Britain to ban sale of new diesel, gasoline cars by 2040
- 08:00 Lower global tax rate boosts Ford in second quarter