Abbott signs law to enlist truck drivers in fight against human trafficking
AUSTIN -- A Houston state senator Friday hailed the new state law mandating training for truckers to help combat human trafficking and said she will urge other states to follow Texas' lead.
"We will be putting thousands of sets of eyes and ears out there to help in our efforts against this this horrible epidemic," said Sen. Sylvia Garcia, D-Houston, who authored the legislation.
Abbott signed the measure on Thursday that requires training for truck drivers and other commercial vehicle operators on recognizing signs of human trafficking, which currently impacts more than 300,000... read more
- 18:46 Net neutrality fight offers another contrast in 2018 Senate race
- 18:36 Grand Canyon basketball faces toughest opponent to date in San Diego
- 18:32 ASU rescinds Charlie Rose journalism award
- 17:59 6 Phoenix post offices to open on Sundays for holiday shipping
- 17:58 Coyotes Game Day: Battle of backup goaltenders on tap vs. Kings
- 17:45 Moon Valley football players invited to Territorial Cup by ASU...
- 17:13 Game Day: Buzzer-beaters becoming a habit for Devin Booker
- 16:37 ASU's Territorial Cup challenge: Containing Khalil Tate
- 16:05 Arizona firefighter accidentally shot on trip was 'everybody's friend'
- 15:50 Few Arizonans expect GOP tax-cut plan will help them, poll says