Abbott to announce $1B in additional FEMA funds for Hurricane Harvey
WASHINGTON – Texas cities and counties hit by Hurricane Harvey will get over $1 billion in hazard mitigation funds from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Gov. Greg Abbott is announcing Tuesday.
Some $500 billion of that is expected to be available immediately, according to internal state documents obtained by the Houston Chronicle.
The money can be used for buyouts, home elevations, critical drainage projects, and other disaster mitigation projects.
Cities and county governments are being encouraged to submit projects and claims as soon as possible, as the final FEMA will be... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House