Abbott to announce $1B in additional FEMA funds for Hurricane Harvey
WASHINGTON – Texas cities and counties hit by Hurricane Harvey will get over $1 billion in hazard mitigation funds from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Gov. Greg Abbott is announcing Tuesday.
Some $500 billion of that is expected to be available immediately, according to internal state documents obtained by the Houston Chronicle.
The money can be used for buyouts, home elevations, critical drainage projects, and other disaster mitigation projects.
Cities and county governments are being encouraged to submit projects and claims as soon as possible, as the final FEMA will be... read more
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...