Abbott to announce 'hundreds of millions' of dollars to mitigate future floods, disasters
AUSTIN — Cities and counties inundated by Hurricane Harvey will have an opportunity to tap hundreds of millions of dollars for disaster mitigation projects, the governor office plans to announce Tuesday.
The program will offer city and county governments a chance to submit projects -- such as buyout programs, drainage projects, flood retention and elevation changes -- they want the hazard mitigation funds to cover. The governor's office said the program would make "hundreds of millions" of dollars available, but declined to release a specific dollar amount.
The money is separate... read more
- 08:11 Digital billboards that run ads in schools spark controversy in...
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida