Academy president calls Lauryn Hill's Grammy no-show 'a disappointment'
Why wasn't Lauryn Hill on the Grammy Awards on Monday? Let the debate begin.
Recording Academy president Neil Portnow said after the Grammys that it was a "disappointment" that Hill didn't make her performance at the nationally-televised show.
Portnow said Hill was expected to perform with The Weeknd right up to the last moment before the performer took the stage to sing "In The Night." But in his view, Hill just didn't show.
"It’s a disappointment to us and a disappointment to her," said Portnow. "Our intention was, and we were ready, right up to the... read more
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida