Aces battle, battle, battle — and fall 4-3 in OT
The Alaska Aces battled back three times Wednesday night, but circumstances did not allow them a fourth shot at rink redemption.
That’s why it’s called sudden-death overtime.
Jefferson Dahl’s breakaway goal 13 seconds into extra time furnished the Idaho Steelheads a 4-3 ECHL victory over the visiting Aces at CenturyLink Arena in Boise.
Passes from Tommy Fallen and Rob Linsmayer delivered Dahl in alone on Aces goaltender Jacob DeSerres (16 saves). DeSerres got his blocker on Dahl’s wrist shot, but the puck tumbled into the air and fell across the goal line for Dahl’s team-leading 20th goal.... read more
- 13:21 Arizona Cardinals drafted Pat Tillman 20 years ago
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely