Adrian Garcia poised for easy victory Democratic primary for county commissioner
Former Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia was poised to easily avoid a runoff Tuesday in his bid to become the Democratic nominee for Harris County Commissioner Precinct 2, setting the stage for what could be one of the Houston area’s highest-profile local November matchups.
Garcia, who is returning from unsuccessful bids for congress and Houston mayor, would square off against seven-year Republican Commissioner Jack Morman for the chance to represent east Harris County.
“Wow. You just made my night,” Garcia said after learning of his lead from a Chronicle reporter. “It means that we ran a... read more
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...
- 07:34 City Council to call election to replace Larry Green
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...