Advocates use petitions to force Phoenix council votes on passion topics
CLOSE Here are the citizen petitions brought to the Phoenix City Council in 2017, from declaring the city a 'sanctuary city' to banning bump stocks.
In February, the Phoenix City Council was forced to decide whether Phoenix would become a "sanctuary city" — a nickname given to communities with policies that protect immigrants in the country without legal paperwork from deportation.
It was a decision the council was not expecting to render, and one that most — if not all — of the council members did not want to make.
But a sentence included in Phoenix's governing document,... read more
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance
- 20:49 Diamondbacks catcher Alex Avila is off to a rough start at the plate
- 20:24 Arizona Cardinals limiting Sam Bradford now in hopes of a healthier...
- 18:32 ASU football podcast: Reviewing the first spring under coach Herm...
- 18:28 No. 8 ASU softball hosts No. 13 Arizona looking to solidify NCAA...
- 18:20 2004 fraud case causes sparks in GOP party leader's race
- 17:50 Texasâ ârevenge pornâ law struck down by state appeals court
- 17:42 Rudy Giuliani to join Trump legal team in Russia probe