Advocates use petitions to force Phoenix council votes on passion topics
CLOSE Here are the citizen petitions brought to the Phoenix City Council in 2017, from declaring the city a 'sanctuary city' to banning bump stocks.
In February, the Phoenix City Council was forced to decide whether Phoenix would become a "sanctuary city" — a nickname given to communities with policies that protect immigrants in the country without legal paperwork from deportation.
It was a decision the council was not expecting to render, and one that most — if not all — of the council members did not want to make.
But a sentence included in Phoenix's governing document,... read more
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve
- 01:42 Translators stay in shadows, but Dems want Trump's to emerge
- 00:45 Trump-Putin II: Planning fall event in aftermath of Helsinki
- 00:45 What did Trump and Putin talk about? Only they know