Advocates use petitions to force Phoenix council votes on passion topics
CLOSE Here are the citizen petitions brought to the Phoenix City Council in 2017, from declaring the city a 'sanctuary city' to banning bump stocks.
In February, the Phoenix City Council was forced to decide whether Phoenix would become a "sanctuary city" — a nickname given to communities with policies that protect immigrants in the country without legal paperwork from deportation.
It was a decision the council was not expecting to render, and one that most — if not all — of the council members did not want to make.
But a sentence included in Phoenix's governing document,... read more
- 02:34 Trump steps to forefront of anti-abortion movement
- 01:56 $5,000 reward offered for return of French bulldog puppies stolen...
- 01:56 3 women arrested soon after Avondale serial killing are accused of...
- 01:53 Kings can't handle Penguins, and suffer their fifth straight loss...
- 01:51 Year-old 'resistance' now sets sights on the ballot box
- 01:51 Pence has long pushed for Trump policies on Israel
- 01:33 China's birthrate dropped despite allowing 2-child families
- 00:00 Turnovers, poor shooting doom Michigan in 72-52 loss to Nebraska
- 23:00 Phoenix police link 9 murders within hours using in-house technology
- 22:57 Mother: Care denied daughter left in cold in hospital gown