Affair allegation doesn't divide ex-Hialeah mayor and his wife, who face tax evasion charges
The magistrate judge, politely but persistently, pressed the uncomfortable question again and again to former Hialeah Mayor Julio Robaina and his wife Raiza, who both face an upcoming tax evasion trial in Miami federal court.
With allegations that the mayor had spent a secret stash of cash on a mistress, did the couple really think it was smart to share the same defense attorney?
A newly unsealed court hearing revealed that — despite the accusations raised by prosecutors — the ex-mayor and his wife maintained a united front, adamantly refusing to hire separate defense... read more
- 09:24 New data: Americans filling far fewer opioid prescriptions
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...