Affair allegation doesn't divide ex-Hialeah mayor and his wife, who face tax evasion charges
The magistrate judge, politely but persistently, pressed the uncomfortable question again and again to former Hialeah Mayor Julio Robaina and his wife Raiza, who both face an upcoming tax evasion trial in Miami federal court.
With allegations that the mayor had spent a secret stash of cash on a mistress, did the couple really think it was smart to share the same defense attorney?
A newly unsealed court hearing revealed that — despite the accusations raised by prosecutors — the ex-mayor and his wife maintained a united front, adamantly refusing to hire separate defense... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it