Afghan government, Taliban officials hold new talks in Qatar
KARACHI, Pakistan – Taliban officials and the Afghan government have held new secret talks in Qatar aimed at restarting peace negotiations to end the country's war, three officials say, though questions remain over which faction of the insurgency is doing the talking.
The Guardian newspaper of Britain first reported on the talks Tuesday, saying the first happened in September and second this month in Qatar. The Arabian Peninsula country hosts a Taliban political office.
A senior Pakistani intelligence official, who spoke on condition of anonymity as he wasn't authorized to release the... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler