After 11 attempts, will Arizona ban texting while driving?
CLOSE How much do you know about distracted driving? Take this quiz and find out.
For more than a decade, some Arizona lawmakers have tried to ban texting while driving. They have failed every time.
On Tuesday, that effort started again and a bill to bar drivers from texting cleared its first hurdle. Backers hope 2018 will be the year a ban finally happens.
The Senate Committee on Transportation and Technology unanimously approved the proposal, which now moves to the Rules Committee before going to the full Senate.
The vote came after more than 1 1/2 hours of often tearful pleas from... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...