After 11 attempts, will Arizona ban texting while driving?
CLOSE How much do you know about distracted driving? Take this quiz and find out.
For more than a decade, some Arizona lawmakers have tried to ban texting while driving. They have failed every time.
On Tuesday, that effort started again and a bill to bar drivers from texting cleared its first hurdle. Backers hope 2018 will be the year a ban finally happens.
The Senate Committee on Transportation and Technology unanimously approved the proposal, which now moves to the Rules Committee before going to the full Senate.
The vote came after more than 1 1/2 hours of often tearful pleas from... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...