After a year in space, Scott Kelly returns 2 inches taller
NASA astronaut Scott Kelly returned to the U.S. on Thursday after spending nearly a year in space.
Now that Kelly is home, his journey is just beginning. Scott Kelly's year in space was part of a NASA twin study involving his brother, Mark Kelly.
While Scott was in space, Mark remained earthbound, which will allow scientists to study the effects of space travel on the human body in preparation for a crewed mission to Mars. Specifically, NASA is looking at the effects of space radiation, as well as the effect of long-term isolation on mental health.
So what can a year in space do to the... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold