AG looking into Mount Ida College's procedures
Bay State Attorney General Maura Healey is investigating whether Mount Ida College’s board and administrators shirked their duty to the Newton school's educational mission in quietly leading the college into an $86.5 million takeover deal with the University of Massachusetts Amherst that left students, faculty and staff scrambling.
In a letter to Mount Ida, Healey’s office says the deal with UMass Amherst complied with charities laws requiring the organization to get fair value for its assets, but it slammed the rushed and haphazard rollout.
“We are deeply disappointed by MIC's decision to... read more
- 01:02 Congressional leaders get briefings on Russia probe
- 17:04 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson
- 16:13 Ted Cruz says injured Santa Fe students told him 'donât take our...
- 16:01 Democrat gubernatorial candidate Valdez owes $12K in overdue...
- 15:27 Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault
- 14:45 Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks permission to depose Trump