Airlines project 3% increase in spring travel
WASHINGTON – Airlines are projecting a 3% rise to 140 million passengers during March and April, compared to a year ago, the trade group Airlines for America said Wednesday.
The peak would be the highest ever for spring travel and top the 136.2 million passengers during the same period in 2015, the group said.
“The continued growth in passenger volumes can be attributed to the accessibility and affordability of air travel today,” said John Heimlich, the group’s chief economist. “To meet the extra demand, airlines are deploying new and larger aircraft on many routes.”
Airline... read more
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions
- 20:54 Arizona Diamondbacks' Steven Souza Jr. out a 'couple of weeks' with...
- 20:26 Arizona Coyotes score goal after puck gets stuck in goalie’s skate
- 19:53 Arizona Cardinals announce key offseason dates