Airlines project 3% increase in spring travel
WASHINGTON – Airlines are projecting a 3% rise to 140 million passengers during March and April, compared to a year ago, the trade group Airlines for America said Wednesday.
The peak would be the highest ever for spring travel and top the 136.2 million passengers during the same period in 2015, the group said.
“The continued growth in passenger volumes can be attributed to the accessibility and affordability of air travel today,” said John Heimlich, the group’s chief economist. “To meet the extra demand, airlines are deploying new and larger aircraft on many routes.”
Airline... read more
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...
- 19:30 The Latest: Trump opens rally amid 2 associates' legal woes
- 18:56 How the case of former Trump fixer Michael Cohen went down
- 18:11 Silent on Cohen, Trump says Manafort conviction 'a disgrace'
- 17:45 Memes abound following news of guilty verdicts for Paul Manafort,...
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...