Airstream hiring 300 workers for new plant as demand booms
CLOSE Oct. 15 -- Airstream CEO Bob Wheeler discusses the company's growth and success. He speaks on "Bloomberg Markets."
As the recreational-vehicle industry booms, the maker of those iconic silvery bubble-shaped trailers, is expanding.
Airstream is going to invest $40 million and open a new plant in Jackson Center, Ohio, hiring 300 workers to try to meet growing demand, CEO Bob Wheeler told CNBC Monday.
"This expansion will allow us to increase our capacity by 50%," Wheeler told the network.
Airstream, which is best known for its trailers but also makes motorhomes, is... read more
- 14:06 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes battle the Minnesota Wild
- 14:06 Game Day: Phoenix Suns face Golden State Warriors minus their stars
- 11:03 Obama to visit Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Japan
- 03:01 Youth served as 20-year-old Daria Kasatkina outlasts valiant Venus...
- 01:55 ASU baseball opens Pac-12 play with comeback win over Oregon
- 01:11 ASU coach Herm Edwards braves flight with Blue Angels before Friday...
- 00:50 White House chief tells staff their jobs safeâ for now
- 00:42 Trump's possible China tariffs send opponents scrambling
- 00:32 Chaos rules: Left and right, Trump advisers in hot water
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...