Alabama man, and World War II veteran, recognized for service on 106th birthday
For John Jacobson, "another day of living is another day to serve."
For this World War II veteran, once a quartermaster officer in famed Gen. George Patton's Third Army, that's been his longtime mantra.
And it was routinely recognized and celebrated before 400 high school students during Jacobson's 106th birthday celebration Wednesday at St. Paul's Episcopal High School in Mobile.
"One of the things I've been reminded to say is that one extra day to live is another day in which you have to serve so keep that in mind as you go day to day," Jacobson said following a... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes