Alabama teacher and newspaper freelancer arrested for drunkenness at City Council meeting
A north Alabama teacher who works as a freelance reporter for a weekly newspaper was arrested for public intoxication after a City Council meeting.
Red Bay High School teacher Shanna Moore Ozbirn, 38, who serves on the city's park and recreation board, also is charged with possession of prohibited liquor, said police Chief Janna Jackson. The charges are "violations" of Alabama law.
"She appeared under the influence in a public place, so we did check on her after the meeting Monday night and make an arrest," Jackson said.
Ozbirn is a freelancer who contributes stories to... read more
- 06:50 Trump: 'Crazy' Biden would go down crying if he assaulted me
- 02:05 Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo on Steven Souza Jr. injury:...
- 01:41 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 00:53 Trump targets China as US businesses await backlash
- 00:22 White House issues threat over leaked Trump briefing papers
- 22:39 Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Zack Greinke’s latest tune-up goes...
- 21:29 Austin residents relieved, but still searching for answers
- 21:17 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 20:14 Phoenix Suns' Alex Len sees his time in Valley 'probably' coming to...
- 19:41 Moore: How will ASU's 'NFL model' affect star wide receiver N'Keal...