Alabama teacher and newspaper freelancer arrested for drunkenness at City Council meeting
A north Alabama teacher who works as a freelance reporter for a weekly newspaper was arrested for public intoxication after a City Council meeting.
Red Bay High School teacher Shanna Moore Ozbirn, 38, who serves on the city's park and recreation board, also is charged with possession of prohibited liquor, said police Chief Janna Jackson. The charges are "violations" of Alabama law.
"She appeared under the influence in a public place, so we did check on her after the meeting Monday night and make an arrest," Jackson said.
Ozbirn is a freelancer who contributes stories to... read more
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat