Alaska natural resources commissioner retires; deputy named acting chief
JUNEAU — Alaska Department of Natural Resources Commissioner Mark Myers announced his retirement Tuesday.
His departure from state government will be effective March 1, he wrote in an email to department staff.
"After much soul searching, I have decided that it is time for me to retire from state service," the email says. "I am retiring for personal reasons. I look forward to more time with my family, including aging parents, kids in college and my wife of 33 years."
Deputy Commissioner Marty Rutherford will head the department on an acting basis. The position is one of... read more
- 21:03 Running world embraces Desiree Linden after Boston Marathon victory
- 20:21 Cardinals plan to exercise fifth-year option for left tackle D.J....
- 19:54 Texas agriculture commissioner errs in interpreting barbecue bill,...
- 19:23 Arizona Cardinals have urgent need for wide receivers behind Larry...
- 18:19 NFL draft: 2018 quarterback class not measuring up to 1983 comparisons
- 17:54 Pence to name Kellogg as national security adviser
- 17:52 Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin named National League...
- 17:52 ASU NFL draft preview: The intriguing case of Kalen Ballage
- 17:52 Perry's Chubba Purdy stops at-bat to honor national anthem from...
- 16:56 Phoenix Suns have talked to Jason Kidd, Vinny Del Negro about...