Alaska natural resources commissioner retires; deputy named acting chief
JUNEAU — Alaska Department of Natural Resources Commissioner Mark Myers announced his retirement Tuesday.
His departure from state government will be effective March 1, he wrote in an email to department staff.
"After much soul searching, I have decided that it is time for me to retire from state service," the email says. "I am retiring for personal reasons. I look forward to more time with my family, including aging parents, kids in college and my wife of 33 years."
Deputy Commissioner Marty Rutherford will head the department on an acting basis. The position is one of... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House