Alaska Senate seeks public testimony on Permanent Fund bill
JUNEAU — A Senate committee wants Alaskans’ feedback on a bill to use some of the Permanent Fund’s earnings to pay for government.
The Senate State Affairs Committee will take public testimony on Senate Bill 114, sponsored by Anchorage Republican Sen. Lesil McGuire, beginning at 6 p.m. Tuesday.
The hearing comes after the committee held public testimony earlier this month on another bill to restructure management of the Permanent Fund — that one, Senate Bill 128, from Gov. Bill Walker.
Both bills aim to raise more money for government services as the state grapples with a massive budget... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it