Alaskans should show our wayward lawmakers how to take care of business
The plethora of financial mixed messages is particularly rich in the sadly broke state of Alaska. We are running the state at a deficit, paying oil companies more than they pay us, and yet just announced our record Alaska Permanent Dividend Fund checks. It feels like a family has lost their house, is moving into their car, and suddenly get to go on a surprise trip to Disneyland. Yeah! Oh, wait. Do we get to move back in our house when we're back from seeing giant rodents dressed in clothes, princesses and riding scary rides? Please?
No. Now, forget about it! Let's all have a good time.
Some... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance