Alex Azar sworn in as secretary of Health and Human Services
WASHINGTON (AP) — Alex Azar (AY'-zahr) has been sworn in as President Donald Trump's second health secretary.
The former drug company executive and official in George W. Bush's administration succeeds former Republican Georgia congressman Tom Price, who resigned last fall following an outcry over his use of costly private charter aircraft for official travel.
Azar's nomination as secretary of Health and Human Services was approved by the Senate last week, largely along party lines.
Azar has said his priorities include curbing the cost of prescription drugs, making health insurance more... read more
- 00:45 Trump embraces longtime US foe Putin, doubting own intel
- 00:45 Republicans join Democrats in condemning Trump's remarks
- 00:32 Summit takeaways: Trump doubts intel, plays trusted friend
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case