Alex Azar sworn in as secretary of Health and Human Services
WASHINGTON (AP) — Alex Azar (AY'-zahr) has been sworn in as President Donald Trump's second health secretary.
The former drug company executive and official in George W. Bush's administration succeeds former Republican Georgia congressman Tom Price, who resigned last fall following an outcry over his use of costly private charter aircraft for official travel.
Azar's nomination as secretary of Health and Human Services was approved by the Senate last week, largely along party lines.
Azar has said his priorities include curbing the cost of prescription drugs, making health insurance more... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 15:00 Second child in Houston dies from flu-related causes
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:35 Steven Souza Jr. trade reaction: Arizona Diamondbacks rob 'tanking'...
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health