All-Pro Nicks joins Bucs; Megatron collects
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Calvin Johnson got the biggest contract in NFL history Wednesday, and he wasn't even a free agent.
The All-Pro wide receiver's eight-year deal through the 2019 season is worth $132 million, with $60 million guaranteed, surpassing the $120 million with $50 million guaranteed being paid to Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald.
"They were happy to get this thing done with, and I was happy as well," Johnson said. "It wasn't a lot of confrontation. We weren't butting heads or anything. It was just something that we knew needed to get done."
Another All-Pro,... read more
- 18:50 Trump replacing McMaster with Bolton
- 17:17 Investigators combing through confessed bomberâs âtarget listâ
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer