Alleged rapist had GPS on ankle
A convicted Level 3 sex offender with a GPS tracker on his ankle is accused of driving a 14-year-old girl he met on the social media app Kik to a cemetery in Whitman and raping her, police said.
Charles Phelps Lovejoy, 31, a married tile salesman from Lowell, is being held on $1 million bail pending a Nov. 16 probable-cause hearing in Brockton District Court.
Still on probation for sexually assaulting a 10-year-old girl seven years ago, Lovejoy pleaded not guilty Monday to charges of aggravated rape of, indecent assault and battery on, and enticement of a child just hours after Whitman... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House