Already have health insurance at work? Basic questions answered
QUESTION: What if my employer already provides me with health insurance?
ANSWER: Nearly everyone has the option of purchasing a policy on the Michigan Health Insurance Marketplace, or state exchange. However, if your employer offers adequate insurance (see below), you won't get federal tax credits to reduce your costs.
Q: Does my employer have to carry a minimum level of coverage?
A: Employers with at least 50 employees must provide affordable coverage that meets a minimum value. Those phrases are key, and most large employer-sponsored plans presently meet those requirements.... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant