Amazin' Mets clinch 1st playoff spot since 2006
CINCINNATI (AP) — The Mets are back in the playoffs for the first time since 2006.
New York clinched its sixth NL East title Saturday by beating the Cincinnati Reds 10-2, getting a late three-run homer from captain David Wright and another dominant start by Matt Harvey.
Harvey (13-7) was most appropriate to pitch the clincher. He was the NL's starter for the 2013 All-Star game at Citi Field, but needed Tommy John surgery that October and missed all of the 2014 season. Harvey gave up a pair of runs in 6 2-3 innings.
New York New York at Cincinnati Reds
When Jeurys Familia fanned... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House