Amazon extends Alexa's voice to new products
NEW YORK—Amazon is encouraging Alexa to get out more.
The obedient cloud-based voice inside Amazon’s cylindrical Echo speaker (and versions of Fire TV), is moving into two new spin-off products. There’s Amazon Tap, which is essentially a portable, battery operated version of Echo. And there’s Echo Dot, which looks like Amazon chopped the top inch-and-a-half off the full-size Echo model.
The just over one-pound $129.99 Tap speaker is so named because of the way you summon Alexa—by tapping a microphone button and then putting in your request--for music (via the likes of Amazon Prime Music,... read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'