Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has a surprising reason to explore space
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos' vision of "millions of people living and working in space" drives his space company Blue Origin. Space reporters taking the first-ever media tour of Blue Origin's ultra-modern headquarters and factory Monday heard it multiple times.
But why Bezos thinks that vision is not only good, but necessary, might surprise you. It's about energy.
"Energy usage per capita has been growing at 2 to 3 percent a year for a long time," Bezos said. "The early part of the 20th century it grew even faster, but it's been growing that fast for centuries."... read more
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions
- 20:54 Arizona Diamondbacks' Steven Souza Jr. out a 'couple of weeks' with...
- 20:26 Arizona Coyotes score goal after puck gets stuck in goalie’s skate
- 19:53 Arizona Cardinals announce key offseason dates