Amazon rejects Tucson's gift of a 21-foot saguaro cactus
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Seattle-based Amazon is looking for another city to build its second headquarters and has plans to invest $5 billion and create 50,000 jobs. Jane Lee reports. Video provided by Reuters
Amazon has rejected a 21-foot saguaro cactus that a Tucson economic development group sent to the online giant in hopes of luring a second company headquarters to the city.
Amazon tweeted Tuesday to the group, Sun Corridor Inc., that the company cannot accept gifts — "even really cool ones."
Last week, the group packed up the giant cactus for delivery to Amazon CEO... read more
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...
- 17:33 Arizona Diamondbacks: Should best trades in franchise history...
- 16:25 Buying a new car? Here are the four best deals
- 16:23 Newcomer’s guide to spring in Phoenix
- 15:49 Trump to attend Gridiron Dinner after skipping it last year
- 15:47 Finals fours: Setting the Arizona high school basketball...
- 15:30 In 'Educated,' the inspiring story of an isolated young woman...
- 15:08 Los Angeles Dodgers eager to finish what they started, win the...
- 15:01 Craft beer, whiskey producers hail giant excise tax cut