Amazon rejects Tucson's gift of a 21-foot saguaro cactus
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Seattle-based Amazon is looking for another city to build its second headquarters and has plans to invest $5 billion and create 50,000 jobs. Jane Lee reports. Video provided by Reuters
Amazon has rejected a 21-foot saguaro cactus that a Tucson economic development group sent to the online giant in hopes of luring a second company headquarters to the city.
Amazon tweeted Tuesday to the group, Sun Corridor Inc., that the company cannot accept gifts — "even really cool ones."
Last week, the group packed up the giant cactus for delivery to Amazon CEO... read more
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe
- 02:21 Police: Second sheriff's deputy dead after shooting during...