'American Idol' producer Nigel Lythgoe feuds with former winner Lee DeWyze over his finale absence
Lee DeWyze's on-stage absence from the "American Idol" finale on Wednesday was no accident.
Viewers, many of whom had expected to see the Season 9 champ contribute to the Season 10 finale's festivities, were able to catch brief glimpses of the singer in the audience.
He never made it on stage, however, or even received an acknowledgement from host Ryan Seacrest. And according to executive producer Nigel Lythgoe, that's all DeWyze's fault.
"I was so upset Lee DeWyze wouldn't present the winners trophy to Scotty [McCreery]," Lythgoe tweeted Thursday. "Especially as... read more
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it
- 00:29 North Korea's offer of concessions comes with a catch for US
- 00:29 Trump's tariffs put GOP candidates in a bind in rural areas